Watches and Parts – Accessories – Supplies
On September 19, 2020, I researched online to learn what the most expensive watches sold for. The results are posted below. Imagine being able to afford a million dollar watch. Wow!
- Graff Diamonds Hallucination – $55 million
- Graff Diamonds The Fascination – $40 million
- Breguet No. 160 – $30 million
- Chopard 201-Carat Watch – $25 million
- Patek Philippe Supercomplication – $24 million
- Jacob & Co. Billionaire Watch – $18 million
- Paul Newman’s Rolex Daytona – $17.8 million
- Patek Philippe Ref. 1518 – $11.1 million
- Vacheron Constantin 57260 – $8 million
- Hublot Big Bang – $5 million
A snippet of watch history. The concept of the wristwatch goes back to the production of the very earliest watches in the 16th century. Wristwatches were almost exclusively worn by women, while men used pocket-watches up until the early 20th century. In the end of the 19th Century, military men started to wear wrist-watches while mounted on a horse in the heat of war battle. Pocket-watches were not practical when synchronizing maneuvers during war without potentially revealing the plan to the enemy through signaling. Officers at war started to strap watches to their wrists. Visit Wikepidia.org to learn more.