Pasta Fazool Neapolitan Bean ~ Tuscan White Bean ~ Tuscan Farro & Bean Minestrone ~ Chicken Noodle ~ Sicilian Split Pea ~ Porcini Mushroom ~ Sicilian Lentil
Alessi Soup Mix Italian Variety, 6 Flavors Include Sicilian Split Pea, Neapolitan Bean, Sicilian Lentil, Chicken Flavored Noodle, Tuscan White Bean and…
A Classic Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 4-tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1- chopped medium yellow onion.
- 2-peeled and chopped medium carrots.
- 2-chopped medium ribs celery.
- ¼ cup of tomato paste.
- 2-cups chopped seasonal vegetables like potatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, green beans, and peas.
- 4-chopped garlic cloves.
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano.
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme.
- 1-can (28-ounce) diced tomatoes with their liquid.
- 4-cup (32-ounce) vegi-broth.
- 2-cups water.
- 1-teaspoon sea-salt.
- 2-bay leaves.
- Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 1-cup choice of pasta.
Italian Wedding Soup
- 1/2-pound extra-lean ground beef.
- 1 Lightly beaten large egg.
- 2-Tablespoon dry breadcrumbs.
- 1-Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil.
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
- 5 3/4 cups chicken broth.
- 2-cups thin-sliced escarole.
- 1-cup orzo.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots.
Authentic Italian soups are known for their simple yet flavorful ingredients. The specific ingredients used can vary depending on the region of Italy and the type of soup, but some common elements you might find in many Italian soups include:
1: Broth: Italian soups often start with a good-quality broth, usually made from chicken, beef, veal, or vegetables. Broth provides the base for the soup’s flavor.
2: Vegetables: Vegetables are an essential component of Italian soups. Common choices include onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and leeks.
3: Tomatoes: Frequently used in Italian soups, either in the form of fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes, or tomato paste. They add a rich, sweet-tart flavor and a vibrant color to the soup.
4: Pasta or Rice: Many Italian soups contain pasta or rice. Popular pasta choices include small shapes like ditalini, orzo, and mini shells. For rice-based soups, Arborio rice is an Italian favorite.
5: Legumes: Beans, lentils, and chickpeas are common additions to Italian soups. They provide a hearty and nutritious element to the dish.
6: Herbs and Spices: Fresh herbs like basil, parsley, and thyme enhance the flavor of Italian soups.
7: Olive Oil: High-quality extra virgin olive oil used for sautéing and drizzling over the soup just before serving. It adds richness and depth of flavor.
8: Cheese. Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese sprinkled on top of Italian soups as a finishing touch. It adds a savory, salty element.
9: Meat or Protein: Some Italian soups include meat, such as diced chicken, Italian sausage, or pancetta, and seafood, like clams and mussels.
10: Broth Enhancements: Wine or a splash of vinegar can deepen the flavor.